Sunday, April 5, 2009

Whoa!!! Quite awhile since I posted anything, I am having trouble figuring out how to change my background since the Cutest whatever on the block has changed it stuff so I decided to do a post anyway and wait until Melisa or Wendy are over here and I remember to ask them how to do it...sometimes I am definately learning impaired. So bare with me people.

It was a wonderful conference weekend. I am always so grateful for conference. I love it. I must say that there were some wonderful talks and music as always, but the talk from Elder Holland took my breath away. I am so grateful for the way he presented his talk, I was in awe. It was a most sacred experience for me. So today my heart is full of gratitude.

I have to say that I missed seeing Pres. Hinckley and probably will for quite some time. Also Elder Wirthlin. I remember his voice so well and especially his last talk on humor. Isn't that something the impact they have on your life. What a great example of love and righteousness.
I love so much Pres. Monson and his unique way of expressing himself and serving the people. So full of Christlike attributes. We are definately a blessed people to have him.

I hope everyone is doing well and that you are making the choices that truly bring you your happiness. With love, Mom

3 comments:

Becky said...

Elder Holland always writes a talk just for me, which I think is so kind and thoughtful. :)

So as he stood to give it yesterday, we were evacuated from the stake center due to a gas leak. [sigh]

So I get to listen to it today after presidency meeting.

And I think I will always miss seeing Pres. Hinckley. Always.

The Gooch Family said...

Yes! I too love Elder Holland. I love them all but he just has a way of writing or speaking that just gets me every time. So glad you enjoyed it as much as I did!

Fame said...

umm- ditto to what my sisters said. :0) and welcome back to blogging!